Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Sparkly and shiny.


The stunning fall weather continues, and I don't think anyone is complaining. Today is November 7th (for those of you hiding under rocks with your laptops and iphones) and tonight's sunset ride was comfortably executed in shorts and short sleeves. I didn't ask for it, but I guess I can suck it up, roll with the punches, and deal with it for a little while longer...

!

The ride this evening was the first shakedown on the new Moots. Just one semi-bike geek pic to show, as many things will change before she's done and until then I have neither the time nor the inclination to take and edit pics. Call me anal...

Doesn't show much, but it tells all. I ditched my true road bike in a racing/training-burnout-induced-funk two years ago, and finally started to miss it during the peak of heat this summer. But I knew I didn't want 'just' a road bike, I wanted something a lot more versatile.

And I got that in spades.

A few more rides of various flavors, with a few component swaps and tweaks betwixt, and I'm hoping she'll become invisible. The good ones always do. At that point I'll be able to stop fiddling and just enjoy the ride. Detailed pics will follow then...

MC

7 comments:

  1. ESI bar stuff....nice choice. I'll be interested to hear what you think.

    I'm liking the looks of it.....at least what little you've shown us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drop bars again. Hmm...you've been down this road before, me thinks.

    Actually it is appearing to be a perfect Trans Iowa type machine there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that front wheel a 20"er? It's a looooong ways below them bars.

    That'd be the mother of all jokes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tall headtube, methinks. Not sure that's ESI, least not the flats.

    Questions:
    -Are you using plugs/extenders, as if so what?
    -Fox fork?
    -How you like the SRAM? 26/7 as biggest cog, or did you add on?
    -Which are you giving the miss, big ring or little?
    -ETT and stem length?

    Needless to say, I like. And no, I don't necessarily expect prompt answers.

    I'll need to bring the Praying Lenz up this winter for a distant family reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, it is ESI bar stuff. Kinda pernickety to install, but pretty comfy and virtually permanent once it's on there.

    I had a 'monster-x' type bike several moons ago when I converted my Willits B2 to that config. TT length was wrong for a drop bar rig, however, as was the HT length, plus it had a squishy fork and hard rear, and IMO this sorta rig works best with a rigid fork and squishy rear.

    -no extenders
    -rigid, non-sus corrected fork
    -11-28 SRAM 10spd cassette
    -29x38t rings
    -ETT = ~23, stem length = ~90. Still fiddling with stem length and rise.

    Padre: don't be a hater.

    MC

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not hating...I'm still wondering what's going on. I'll call Shiggy. =)

    (can't wait to see the rest!)

    ReplyDelete