Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Wham! It's over!

I haven't quite caught up on business since things went haywire in September, and here I'm closing up shop and taking off until after the New Year. Some 'entrepreneur' I am... Guess I won't be taking over the world anytime real soon, despite what certain doomsday theorists might have you believe...

Of the tens of thousands of pics that I've taken this year, I stood no chance whatsoever of picking out just one to end the blogging year on. I could search for hours, nay, days, and still narrow it down no better than a couple of full file folders. So I basically picked one, at random, from last weekend's ride atop the Grand Mesa.

And I chose it because it has some combination of beauty, aesthetics, symmetry, and a certain something I can't quite put my finger on, but that makes me want to follow that treeline to see what's around the next corner. I think that about sums up my outlook on life these days: trying to enjoy what's right here and right now, but not afraid to look ahead and wonder about what's coming too.

See y'all next year.



  1. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Mike! I hope you have a wonderful time until we hear from you again.

    The picture is great, and I can imagine that it is quite difficult to choose just one since anything I've seen produced from your cameras eye is stellar, awe inspiring, and picture post card material. I really wonder if it is possible for you to take a "bad" photo, what with the area you live in and play in.

    Happy Trails!

  2. "...but that makes me want to follow that treeline to see what's around the next corner."

    Man, is that not a great motivator, or what? The hilltop on the horizon, the bend in the trail, the turn in the road. It all works for me.

    Merry Christmas.

  3. Well put. Enjoy the turn of the year.