Friday, February 15, 2008

Snowbike timeline.

'97--Willits Townie at the start:

'98--Marin stock HT in Anchorage:

'98--approaching Puntilla:
'99--Prepping/touring in CO before heading north:
'00--Custom Marin/Sycip 'blend' approaching The Burn:
'00--"Marcip" near Tripod Flats:

'01--Willits Big Rig at the start w/Todd Scott:

'01--Big Rig buried at Shell Lake:
'02--Big Rig at home being prepped:
'02--Big Rig looks lonely while I look for the trail:
'02--Leaving Golovnin Bay en route to White Mountain:

'03--Pat and I on our Airborne B-29's. How confident we look! How clueless we were!
'03--B29 atop Eagle Summit on the Quest Trail:
'05--Moots Mooto-X approaching Finger Lake. Man was I packed light!

'05--Running to keep warm because I was packed too light:
'06--Nekkid Snoots as we got to know each other:

'06--Loaded bike w/Lenz-built trailer in the process of breaking my spirit, somewhere in the Chugach:

'07--new trailer design. Tested bunches. Failed:
'07--next trailer design. Much, much better:
Looking back through these pics I can immediately see and recite all of the shortcomings of each bike, each packing setup, each piece of gear used. That wealth of knowledge is priceless, and has led to...

'08--Simpler. Compacter. Floatier, but Heavy:
Unfortunately, try as I might, I cannot look at this setup and see with anything resembling clarity what the drawbacks are. I can guess, and then try to tweak to make up for them, but nothing can make things so plain as a week+ on the The Trail.

Just over a week from now that's where I'll be, with my learning cap on.

MC