Monday, December 8, 2008

A year of action.

In a rare fit of oh-my-god-I'm-ahead-of-schedule-for-a-change, I managed to convert, edit, and compile a year (***) worth of handheld video into one long musicless clip.

The lack of music is mostly because I haven't the time to bother finding a handful of songs to upload to the video. That's time I could spend riding! Or, uh, sleeping... An equally compelling reason for the au naturel soundtrack is that whenever I watch other people's videos invariably I turn the volume down/off because the music either seems inappropriate to the action, or it just plain stinks. Our musical tastes are as varied and subjective as every other part of our lives, and I'm thinking that although my current fascination with Meiko and Metallica (flashback!) is healthy *for me*, chances are pretty good that you'd disagree.

In short, find your own soundtrack or just hum along with us as we ride...

Scenes in the video were taken across Colorado and Utah. Where specifically? If the scenery is greenish, we were in the mountains. Red or brown? Probably desert...

And the asterisks above? Simple--this is all of my footage from Y2K7...

As often happens when boys go out and ride together, passion flows and an occasional four letter word escapes in the heat of attempting (and failing at) a new sequence or move. Tender ears? Turn the volume down now. Also, after the third time reviewing the footage when editing and compiling, I detected a bit of flatulence issuing forth from an as-yet undetermined individual. Sensitive to that too? Turn off your computer NOW, tip a volume of The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew off the shelf, slip delicately into your rocker and enjoy it with some Earl Grey...

For the rest of you--enjoy. And thanks for stoppin' by.




MC

P.S. '08's footage should be less than a week away!

No comments:

Post a Comment