Wednesday, February 10, 2010


A curious by-product of a not-very-good-for-riding-winter has been lots of hiking. While it's rare that we ride together, hiking *always* includes Fang.

Here he's fresh outta bed and getting back into character.

(Side note: there are a number of local trails that prohibit dogs. I have no idea what those trails look like.)

Morning hikes are pretty special. Partly because there's a heightened sense of awareness, no doubt brought on by the fact that I'm burning daylight when I should be building wheels. This is actually a good thing. Lolling about with no sense of urgency can cause one to lose perspective on what's really important.

But they're also special because as the day begins to warm the thermal activity increases. And as that happens, the ravens get frisky and head out to play.

As he matures, Fang seems to like to spend more and more time sitting on high points, looking down on frolicking ravens.

Me too.




  1. That last photo is just incredible! Would make a beautiful wall poster... what a cool dog.

  2. For whatever reason, it cuts off the sides of the page and gives me scroll bars when I check your blog. Also, it cuts off the photos. Do you know if there is any way for me to eliminate this or am I alone in this predicament? Also, what type, model camera do you use? Your photos are terrific! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

  3. Absolutely beautiful MC! Thanks so much for sharing with the rest of us. Your posts, photos, and perspectives are wonderful and thought provoking.

  4. I agree, that last photograph is phenomenal!

  5. I still want to ride with you :)