Wednesday, August 1, 2012

H is for hedonism.

Well, sorta.

I just wrote and then deleted 6 paragraphs worth of tripe when I realized that they could be summed up much more succinctly:

We came, we saw, we played, we learned.

That last part is what's most important to me: Learning. I cannot possibly get enough of immersing myself into new situations, screwing up royally, then finding a way out the other side. I wasn't put on this planet at this moment in history to watch others experiment, fail, and learn--I need to get out there and make my own mistakes, have my own lightbulb moments.

The rest is just details--and the video captures them well enough.



In a similar vein as above, I recorded and ultimately deleted a slightly-too-smarmy-to-swallow finish to the video. Rather than forcefeed you my conclusion from our days out immersed in the learning process, I figured you were adult enough to produce your own.

And I'd love to hear what that is: What comes to your mind after reading the above and watching the vid?

Please share it in the comments below.

Thanks for checking in.

MC